When a property owner seeks to change the zoning of their land, they must submit an application for rezoning to the Planning and Zoning Division. After verifying that all the appropriate information has been provided and the required fees paid, Planning and Zoning staff schedules the application for hearing before the Planning Commission and City Council. The staff also analyzes the application and provides this information to both bodies.
Hearings & Meetings
All Planning Commission and City Council zoning hearings are conducted in the Marietta City Council chamber located on the lobby level of City Hall at:
205 Lawrence Street
Marietta, GA 30060
2018 Deadline and Meeting Schedule
Planning Commission meetings are typically held the 1st Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. City Council meetings are typically conducted the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m. Zoning hearings are held in addition to the regular City Council agenda.
The Planning Commission hears the case and then votes to make a recommendation to the City Council for disposition of the application. The City Council makes the final decision to approve or reject the rezoning request. The Council may also place special stipulations or restrictions on approved rezonings.
We have provided information and items which the applicant must submit on or before the application deadline.
Failure to submit any item, or any additional information that might be requested, on or before the deadline will result in the application being held until the next scheduled meeting of the Planning Commission.
View the Rezoning Application (PDF)
- Completed Application with ALL ORIGINAL SIGNATURES
- Legal description
- An application fee of $500
- Copy of the deed that reflects the current owner(s) of the property
- Plat prepared by an architect, engineer (professional or civil engineer), landscape architect or land surveyor whose state registration is current and valid and whose seal shall be affixed to the plat, showing the:
- Location of the tract(s)
- Utility easements
- Copy of current tax bill showing payment or a certification from the city of Marietta Tax Division stating that taxes have been paid.
- Site plan (drawn to scale) prepared by an architect or engineer (professional or civil engineer), whose state registration is current and valid, showing information including (if applicable):
- One copy scaled to an 8 1/2 inches x 11 inches size
- Specific use or uses proposed for the site
- Location and sizes of proposed structures, including the number of stories and total floor area
- Detention/retention areas
- Street(s) - right of way and roadway widths, approximate grades
- Location and size of parking area with proposed ingress and egress
- Specific types and dimensions of protective measures, such as buffers
- Wetlands and 100-year floodplain