- 24 city parks and recreation centers
- Earl Smith Strand Theater
- Home to three live theater stages and free concerts, annual festivals, farmers market.
- Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park
- Marietta/Cobb Museum of Art
- Marietta Confederate Cemetery
- Marietta Gone With the Wind Museum: Scarlett on the Square
- Marietta Museum of History
- Marietta National Cemetery
- Theater in the Square
- CNN Money top 25 places in the United States to retire in 2011.
- National Civic League judged the city of Marietta one of the 10 best communities in the nation as a 2006 All-America City.
- Balanced annually
- Budget funds the day-to-day operations of the city
- General fund budget for fiscal year 2012—July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012—is $47,532,038
- Standard and Poor's long-term general obligation bond rating AA+ rating
- 100,000 daytime population.
- 23 square miles
- 56,579 residents
- 6,500 businesses
- Celebrated 175th anniversary in 2009.
- Cobb County seat
- Established in 1834.
- Located 15 miles northwest of Atlanta.
- One of Georgia's most populous cities.
- Approve budget and appoint members of advisory boards.
- Council meetings are open to the public and broadcast on the city's website and local cable television.
- Each Council member is elected at large by the public to represent all residents within his/her ward.
- Establishes policy through enactment of ordinances and resolutions.
- Governing body is seven-member City Council and Mayor.
- Mayor and Council's current terms extend through December 2013.
- Mayor elected citywide.
- Numbers of terms a member may serve are unlimited.
- Regular Council meetings held the second Wednesday monthly at 7 p.m. in the Council chamber at City Hall.
- Serve four-year terms.
Professional city manager oversees daily operations, managing department directors.
Approximately 734 employees in 10 departments including:
- Development services
- Environmental services
- Human resources
- Information technology
- Municipal court
- Parks and recreation
- Public works