- City Hall
- Departments & Divisions
- A.S.S.I.S.T. Information
For non-emergency assistance with information about the A.S.S.I.S.T. program, or dealing with addiction, please email Lt. Matthew Buehler
You may also reach Lt. Buehler's office: 770-794-5367
If this is a true medical emergency, please call 911 immediately.
Local Walk-In Resources
There are several local walk-in resources available to you in Cobb County, including but not limited to:
- The Zone (recovery) 9:00AM until 9:00PM: 770-693-5982
- Cobb County Community Services Board (Detox / Mental Health): 404-794-4857
- Wellstar Kennestone Hospital ER 770-793-5700 or via their Behavioral Health Team
- Georgia Crisis & Access Line - 1-800-715-4225
- GA Peer2Peer Warm Line - 1-888-945-1414
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255.
- The Crisis Text Line - Text START to 741-741 about any type of crisis 24/7.
Addiction Recovery Resources
- Alcoholics Anonymous in Atlanta - Features a list of virtual and in-person AA meetings throughout Metro Atlanta.
- Recovery in Georgia - Independent addiction recovery website that features treatment centers, support meetings, and prevention resources located throughout Georgia.
- Cobb Crisis Center - Free and sliding scale drug detox and crisis stabilization center located at 1758 County Services Parkway, Marietta, GA 30008. Their phone number is 770-429-5000.
- Emory Healthcare Addiction Service - Provides individual therapy, psychiatric consultation, recovery guidance, support groups, and medication-assisted treatment to support individuals 14 and older that are struggling with substance abuse and mental illness. Their phone number is 404-778-5526.
- The Summit Wellness Group - Highly-rated Joint Commission Accredited treatment provider with multiple locations in Metro Atlanta. They also feature an extensive assortment of online recovery resources.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse - Helpful resource for finding treatment centers for friends or family members that are struggling with substance abuse.
- Live Another Day – Editorially curated list of the top-rated accredited drug rehab centers in Georgia. Also features culturally competent resources to support people of color.
- Addictions.com - provides free mental health and substance abuse resources for people at any stage of their recovery journey, including definitions of different types of treatment options and a local treatment center directory.
Overdose Prevention Resources
- Georgia Overdose Prevention Project - An advocacy organization that provides free naloxone kits to Georgians through the mail.
- HarmReduction.org - Features harm reduction strategies and provides information to help people identify, respond, and prevent overdoses.
- Opioid Overdose Rescue - Outlines 3 simple steps to save a life in the event of an opioid overdose. Includes helpful reference videos.