To qualify for the program, a business (except tribally owned concerns) must meet the following criteria:
- It must be a small business by SBA standards.
- It must be owned and controlled at least 51% by U.S. citizens, or a Community Development Corporation, an agricultural cooperative, or an Indian Tribe.
- Its principal office must be located within a “Historically Underutilized Business Zone,” which includes lands considered “Indian Country” and military facilities closed by the Base Realignment and Closure Act.
- At least 35% of its employees must reside in a HUBZone.
The program’s benefits for HUBZone certified companies include:
- Competitive and sole source contracting.
- 10% price evaluation preference in full and open contract competitions, as well as subcontracting opportunities.
If you are eligible, visit Applying for the HUBZone Program
, as well as Maintaining the HUBZone Certification