Starting a Business
- Complete application for business license
- The business license application will be reviewed by Planning and Zoning (second floor) to determine if the area in which you're looking to start your business is properly zoned.
- Fire Department conducts a fire safety inspection of the property/building.
If your business will be located inside the historic district, you will need approval from the Historic Board of Review prior to making any exterior changes to your building, including paint color, signage, etc. Applications must be submitted at least four days prior to the hearing date. Requests will be approved or denied immediately following the hearing. Be prepared to make a presentation before the board and bring 25 copies of your presentation to the hearing.
PermitsAll work, with the exception of painting and carpeting, will require additional permits. Please contact Building Inspections. The most frequently requested permits are building, heating, plumbing and electrical.
- City of Marietta Office of Economic Development
205 Lawrence Street
Marietta, GA 30061
- Marietta Power & Water
675 N Marietta Parkway
Marietta, GA 30060
- Kennesaw State University
Small Business Development Center
1000 Chastain Road, Number 3303
KSU Center, Suite 500
Kennesaw, GA 30144-5591
- Cobb Chamber of Commerce
240 Interstate N Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30339