October 1, 2019
CONTACT: Lindsey Wiles
MARIETTA - The Annual Statewide Burn Ban, issued by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources, ended September 30th. Open burning may be permitted in the City of Marietta from October 1st through April 30.
When obtaining a permit, please remember to request a permit for every day you intend to burn. The Marietta Fire Prevention Division may deny permission if conditions are too windy or too dry. To review the burning guidelines, request a burn permit, or receive more information, please visit the website or contact the City of Marietta's Fire Marshal's Office at 770-794-5466.
- Consider wind/weather conditions.
- A burning permit will be granted only for the reduction of leaves, pine straw, and twigs.
- Burning is permitted between the hours of 10 a.m. and one hour before sunset.
- Burning must be at least fifty feet from any structure.
- A garden hose connected to water supply must be available.
- Fire must be attended by an adult at all times.
If a smoke nuisance occurs because of the fire, the Marietta Fire Department will request the fire be extinguished.