March 2, 2020
CONTACT: Lindsey Wiles
MARIETTA – The Marietta Fire Department wishes to ensure all citizens are aware of Marietta’s Severe Weather Preparedness Week, March 2nd – 6th, 2020. Although Tornado season is March – May, severe weather can happen year-round so the Fire Department wants citizens to familiarize themselves with helpful tips and terminology.
The daily topics include:
Monday: Timely info on weather conditions can make a big difference. Learn about alerts & warnings
Tuesday: Thunderstorm Safety (large hail/damaging winds)
Wednesday: Tornado Safety
Thursday: Lightning Safety
Some helpful tips provided by the Marietta Fire Department:
- Know what to do before, during, and after severe weather.
- Create a communications plan with your family before severe weather hits.
- Have emergency supplies in place at home, at work, and in the car.
- Listen to local officials.
- Check your insurance policies to ensure you have enough coverage.
- Evacuate if advised by local authorities.
For more information, please visit the website - https://www.ready.gov/severe-weather