March 11, 2020
CONTACT: Officer Chuck McPhilamy
MARIETTA - The Rape Aggression Defense (R.A.D.) System is a 12-hour program of personal self-defense tactics and techniques taught by the Marietta Police Department. This women-only course is designed to be quick and effective in delivering pain to vulnerable locations of the attacker’s body. The course is designed so that women of all fitness levels and ages will successfully learn options to escape attacks. Two different R.A.D. courses are being offered, one specific to High School seniors and one for women of all ages. Classes for both courses are broken into four segments of three hours, with each segment held at the Marietta Police Department. Participation in all four nights is required to complete the training. The R.A.D. course is $10 per participant, and space is limited for both courses. Registration is now open and both courses are expected to fill to capacity.
For the high school senior course:
• Parent/guardian of a participating high school senior is allowed to purchase a ticket to participate with their student.
• Parents who do not want to participate must attend the first hour of the first night to complete paperwork if their student is under the age of eighteen-years-old.
• Date and Time: April 13th, 15th, 20th and 22th (6:00 pm until 9:00 pm)
• Registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rad-for-high-school-seniors-tickets-97836875729
For the non-age specific course:
• Parent/guardian must accompany any student under the age of eighteen-years-old, or attend the first hour of the first night to complete paperwork.
• Date and Time: March 23rd, 25th, 30th and April 1st (6:00 pm until 9:00 pm)
• Registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rad-womens-self-defense-program-tickets-97896744799
Please direct any questions regarding these courses to MPD Evening Watch Sergeant Gretchen Ingram via email: email@example.com
Note: Gym attire is recommended and jewelry must be removed before participating.