November 2, 2020
CONTACT: Trevor Beemon
MARIETTA - A scaled-down version of the annual Root House Beer Festival will take place at the William Root House on November 14th. To ensure a safe and enjoyable afternoon for guests, this outdoor event will be broken into three shifts with a limited number of tickets available per shift.
Come try a collection of beers crafted by Red Hare Brewing & Distilling using hops, fruit, and herbs grown in the historic Root House gardens. Built in the 1840s, the Root House was originally owned by Marietta’s first druggist, William Root. William would have grown many medicinal plants in his garden, including hops, which would have been used to relieve sleeplessness and anxiety. Today, the William Root House is operated as a historic house museum.
A limited number of tickets are available. Please select which shift you will attend when purchasing your ticket(s). Drink tickets will be color-coded for each shift so staff can ensure a safe number of guests are on the property at all times. Disposable cups will be used so bartenders never have to handle used cups. Attendees must be 21 or older to sample beers. IDs will be checked at the door. Participants must wear a mask while inside the Root House facilities. No refunds.
WHAT: Root House Beer Festival
WHEN: November 14, 2020 (2:00pm - 4:00pm) (4:00pm - 6:00pm) (6:00pm - 8:00pm)
WHERE: William Root House, 80 N Marietta Parkway NW, Marietta, GA 30060
$25 per person in advance
$30 per person at the door
• Attendees will receive four 6-oz. drink tickets and a commemorative beer glass.
• Attendees will receive coupons from participating Marietta Square Market restaurants.
ABOUT THE WILLIAM ROOT HOUSE: Owned and operated by Cobb Landmarks & Historical Society, the William Root House is one of the oldest homes in the Atlanta area. Museum guests can use interactive touchscreens to learn about life for this middle class family and their enslaved house workers. Home to the Root family from 1845 to 1886, the house and property have been meticulously restored to their c. 1860 appearance.