October 24, 2022
CONTACT: Lindsey Wiles
MARIETTA - The Annual Statewide Burn Ban, issued by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources, ended on September 30th. Open burning may be permitted in the City of Marietta from October 1 through April 30.
When obtaining a permit, please remember to request a permit for every day you intend to burn. The Marietta Fire Prevention Division may deny permission if conditions are too windy or too dry. To review the burning guidelines, request a burn permit, or receive more information, please visit the website or contact the City of Marietta's Fire Marshal's Office at 770-794-5466.
- Consider wind/weather conditions.
- A burning permit will be granted only for the reduction of leaves, pine straw, and twigs.
- Burning is permitted between the hours of 10 a.m. and one hour before sunset.
- Burning must be at least fifty feet from any structure.
- A garden hose connected to water supply must be available.
- Fire must be attended by an adult at all times.
If a smoke nuisance occurs because of the fire, the Marietta Fire Department will request the fire be extinguished.