Posted on: April 3, 2023
March 20, 2023
To: All Gated Communities and Access Controlled Facilities
RE: Knox Gate Access Upgrade – IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Marietta Fire Department has partnered with IROL (Inspection Reports Online.net) to provide third party reporting services for all commercial fire and life safety systems in buildings. The portal is live now and service providers are required to...Read on...
Posted on: June 1, 2020
The National Fire Protection Association has some great advice for safe grilling this summer. Please visit the NFPA website for more information and videos to test your knowledge.Read on...
Posted on: March 6, 2020
Flash Floods and Floods
- A flash flood occurs within a few hours (usually less than 6 hours) of heavy or excessive rainfall, a dam or levee failure.
- Floods develop more slowly than flash floods, normally greater than 6 hours.
- More than half of all ...
Posted on: March 5, 2020
- Although most lightning victims survive, people struck by lightning often report a variety of long-term, debilitating symptoms.
- There is no safe place outdoors when a thunderstorm is nearby.
- Most lightning victims were going to a safe place b...
Posted on: March 3, 2020
The typical thunderstorm is 15 miles in diameter and lasts an average of 30 minutes. Despite their small size, ALL thunderstorms are dangerous! Of the estimated 100,000 thunderstorms
that occur each year in the United States, about 10 percent are ...Read on...
Posted on: March 2, 2020
Do you know the difference between a National Weather Service Severe Thunderstorm Watch and a Severe Thunderstorm Warning?
Severe Thunderstorm Watch: Be Prepared!
Severe thunderstorms are possible in and near the watch area. Stay informed and be ready to ac...Read on...