Qualifications & Pay Rates
- Must be at least 19.75 years of age at time of written exam.
- Must be fluent in the English language (including reading, writing and speaking).
- High School graduate or GED for entry rate #1.
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory 7-year driving history.
- Free of any felony or domestic violence convictions or sufficient misdemeanor convictions to evidence a pattern.
- Ability to meet physical and mental demands of the position.
- Successful completion of written exam, background check including criminal & credit history and oral exams.
- Must be able to show proof of U.S. citizenship.
- (18) month working test period required.
- Basic computer skills
- AA/AS degree or higher from an accredited postsecondary institution
- Prior law enforcement experience with a local, state or federal agency
- Prior military experience
- Bi-lingual speak, read, write fluently (Spanish preference)
- Law Enforcement Explorers from any post and Law Enforcement Interns
- Public Safety Cadets from any unit, Law Enforcement Explorers from any post
- Public Safety Ambassadors and Prisoner Transport Officers working for the Marietta Police Department
ADDITIONAL PAY AVAILABLE FOR THOSE QUALIFIED
- Shift Differential/Hazardous Duty Pay
- Evening Watch - $0.50/ hour
- Morning Watch - $1.00/ hour
- On-Call Pay (1.14 hours per day while on-call status for court)
- SWAT Officer Pay ($1.00/ hour)
- CRT Officer Pay ($1.00/ hour)
- Field Training Officer Pay (one hour additional OT per day while training a recruit)
- Senior Police Officer Pay
- Recruiting Incentive of $1,000 per referral we hire (*see HR for details)
- Paid time off
- Holidays - 12 paid holidays per year
- Vacation Employees accrue 10 paid vacation days a year (increases every 5 years of employment)
- Sick Leave Employees accrue 10 days of sick leave per year
- Comp Time Time off with pay in lieu of overtime pay for irregular or occasional overtime work
- Officers are paid weekly.
- The City of Marietta does not participate in Social Security; employees keep an extra 6.2% of their salary.
- Employees pay 4% into the pension plan; City of Marietta pays 14.5% into employee pension.
- The City of Marietta pays 6.13% of the salary of full-time employees into the supplemental pension.
For Info on future Marietta PD Career Development please check out this information from our City HR team: Police Career Development 2023
For info from our city HR team on the Marietta PD Pay and Classification Plan, please check out this document: Police Pay and Classification Plan