This program applies to customers who want to sell electrical energy produced by solar, wind, or fuel cell technology to Marietta Power.
Safety, Power Quality & Interconnections Requirements
The customer is responsible for ensuring a safe and reliable interconnection with Marietta Power and all costs incurred. The following three documents must be completed in their entirety and approved before interconnection.
- Application for interconnection of distributed generation facility
- Interconnection agreement
- Electrical power exchange agreement
The distributed generation facility must:
- Be owned and operated by a customer of Marietta Power for production of electric energy
- Be located on the customer's property
- Be connected to and operate in parallel with Marietta Power's distribution facilities
- Be intended primarily to offset part or all of the customer's generator's requirement for electricity
- Have peak generating capacity of not more than 10 kW for residential applications and not more than 100 kW for commercial applications
- Use solar photovoltaic system, fuel cell or wind generation.
- Have an external disconnect switch that is accessible and lockable by Marietta Power crews
- Be compliant with IEEE 1547 standards
Marietta Power will pay $.032 per kWh for excess energy generated by the customer.
Policies / Forms / Agreements