It is the responsibility of the city of Marietta Code Enforcement Division:
- To investigate and cause the abatement of nuisances as defined within the city.
- To investigate and cause the abatement of nuisances created by improper handling of garbage.
- For more information on the garbage collection guidelines, view our Solid Waste page.
- Examples of commonly known nuisances include:
- Barking dogs (Please contact Cobb County Animal Control)
- Dead or diseased trees that are a danger to persons or public property or city right of way
- Graffiti on walls (Please contact Marietta Police to report the vandalism followed by Code Enforcement to ensure removal)
- Refrigerators stored outside residence
- Stagnant water
- Unnecessary noise (Please report to Code Enforcement M-F, 7-4) & (Please report to Marietta Police after hours, nights, and weekends)
- Unsafe buildings