Marietta Power makes every effort to maintain reliable, continuous service. However, outside factors such as storms, accidents and equipment failure can occasionally cause a power outage. If your power goes out, please take the following actions:
- Check your electrical panel to be sure you do not have a blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker. Multiple occupancy buildings have a main panel with fuses or breakers located outside, near the meter.
- If the panel is not your problem, report your outage by calling 770-794-5160. The dispatcher will ask you questions to help determine the severity of the outage including whether or not your neighbors are also without power, whether or not you saw an accident involving a pole or tree, etc., or if there was a "bang" when the power failed.
- Once you have notified us of an outage, please do not call again unless neighboring power has been restored but yours has not. Once you have reported the outage, our crews will work to restore power as quickly as possible.
- Do not open refrigerators or freezers. Most products will keep for up to two days without spoiling.
- Avoid contact with downed power lines. Keep children and pets away from the area when lines are on the ground.
- To report a non-emergency problem: call 770-794-5150
- Power-related emergencies: 770-794-5160
- Water and sanitary sewer-related emergencies: 770-794-5230