Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply for new service?
- Do you charge a deposit?
- What is the deposit amount for residential service(s)?
- What is the deposit amount for commercial service(s)?
- What forms of payment are accepted for security deposits?
- What happens to my deposit if I'm transferring residential service to a new location with Marietta Power and Water?
- What happens to my deposit if I'm transferring commercial service to a new location under Marietta Power and Water?
- What are the required documents to start service?
- Do you have to have a social security number to set up service with Marietta Power and Water?
- Can I get services connected/disconnected on the weekends?
- How many days in advance do I need to notify Marietta Power and Water to start, stop or transfer service?
- Do I have to be at home for start, stop or transfer of service?
- Is there a service fee to start or transfer service?
- Is there a service fee to disconnect service?
- Will I be charged an additional deposit for expanding my business?
- When will my deposit be refunded?
- Do I receive interest on my deposit?
- Are continuous service contracts available for apartment complexes and landlords?
- What services does Marietta Power and Water provide?
- What are your business hours?
- What is the physical address for Marietta Power and Water?
- What are the recommended heating and cooling temperature settings?
- How do I read my electric meter?
- How do I report an outage?
- What are the requirements for the senior citizen's discount?
- What happens if there is a medical condition in the home and there is a power outage?
- What are the currrent outdoor water restrictions?
- How do I report a water outage or water/ wastewater emergency?
- Is there a charge to turn my water off/on?
- I don't have any hot water. Did you turn it off?
- The drain in the street backs up when it rains. Can you clean it out?
- Can you increase my water pressure?
- My sewer is backed up. The plumber has cleaned out my part and the problem is out in the street on the city side. Can you have a crew unclog my sewer?